TWS180: Espresso Flashback to May 10, 2002
Another look back into my past, and just how mellow I used to be. Also: I’m pledging to get weirder again. However, I’m also going to be traveling soon. These things will conflict, and the resulting explosion will likely be… uh… explosive!
On the show this week:
- Front Page
- Mike the Headless Chicken Days
- Bear suit man
- Coffee Goats
- And more!
Full list of 13 articles after the jump!
- Front Page:
- Eventually, all lyrics from 80s songs will become science conclusions.: The New York Times – Hearts Beat as One in a Daring Ritual
- They keep setting the bar lower..: New Scientist – Feeling depressed? It may be your quarter-life crisis
- I think this is in the same category as “prairie oysters”…: The UK Telegraph – Snails slither into cookbooks as ‘white caviar’ captures imagination
- So, maybe it’s the selection of beans, and _not_ the trip through the internal processing plant of a cat-like creature?: BBC – Civet passes on secret to luxury coffee
- I can’t possibly see that going wrong..: Orange – Guard dog gets titanium teeth
- Not even SyFy could come up with something that odd.. (Although I probably could..): The Local Sweden – Swedish insect shoots larvae into victims’ eyes
- “Once, when the world was new and barely formed, strange creatures roamed the land…”: BBC – Giant ants spread in warm climes
- (EXTRA) Well, you might say that she lived as she died, in a B-movie plot… But that would be insensitive, right?: The UK Daily Mail – The mummified remains of the actress who played the femme fatale in Attack Of The 50 Foot Woman has been found in her rundown Beverly Hills home.
- I presume this is to stop cooties..: Diginfo.TV – Kiss Transmission Device
- Yes, but no one wants to listen to them..: LiveScience – Depressed People Make Better Decisions
- (EXTRA) Well, they do say that one of the best ways to monopolize is to eliminate your competition..: CNN – New ‘spacey’ way to sell a book
- (EXTRA) It’s like double recycling rainbow!: Orange – Crematorium to heat swimming pool
- Soon, we’ll line our walls with them..: ScienceDaily – Revolutionary New Paper Computer Shows Flexible Future for Smartphones and Tablets