I think one of the reasons I do these flashback episodes is to remind myself that I’ve been doing this for a while, to sort of remind myself that doing this is a very natural thing for me, to give myself a little boost to do more shows.
Another reason is to simply let you guys know that I have been doing this for a while, and I really intend on doing this for a while longer..
Here’s a flashback to the end of 2002 – 2K2, as I would often refer to it. I still use that notation, although I’m less like to say “2K8″ now. I remember approaching the beginning of the “twenty-aughts” with a bit of trepidation, as I (and everyone else) had grown up in an era with easily identifiable (and brandable) decades: the 70s, the the 80s, the 90s, the ???. I can remember where I heard the 2K prefix first for years — of course, it had been used forever in computer speak, so I did know it there. Nonetheless, I tried to promote it whenever I was on the radio.
Radio speak requires easy-to-say and easy-to-hear things that aren’t really needed in the general populace. Domain names chosen for podcasting have to be picked the same way, which is why I grimace everytime someone uses punctuation or tricky spelling in a domain name..
- Firefly Between the Lines Writer’s Promo – Those ambitious folks behind the phenomenal Buffy Between The Lines audio drama series are now setting their sights on another Joss Whedon property. If you are interested in writing for them, you’d better get moving and get your application in!
- The House of Grey podiobook – A really good YA(ish) novel following the mysterious Monson Grey in the equally mysterious world of Corem University.
- Future Traditions podcast – Jericho was one of those shows that I didn’t think would work, but had such really strong characters and intriguing writing that it really did… until it was cancelled. Gone (for now) but not forgotten, this podcast celebrates what Jericho was, what it said and what it might say yet.
- Brazilianisms – Want to know more about Brazil? Think you know anything about the country, the culture, the people, the language? I thought so, too — I was wrong. Excellent podcast.
- International Detective Dragons From Outer Space – One of the longest podasts I listen to, and one of the most engaging. Anim5 pokes, prods and questions, and invites discussion of questions from the sublime to the astounding.
- Technorama – A couple of geeks with a playful, deeply geeky view on the universe. Great guys, who regular show I miss and whose special features I enjoy — and so should you!