Show notes for TWS133.5 Sub(dragon)conscious Feedback
Update: Just realized that I could look up the hotel map in the Dragon*Con PDF pocket guide, and figure out where I’m proposing we meet up.. I see that the 1st floor of the Hilton has a Cafe Express and Le Cafe right there, so that must have been what I was thinking about. So, we meet at the little Cafe Express at 6pm on Sunday, and if we balloon to enormous proportions, maybe we’ll take over Le Cafe.
Feedback that is not very old? It must be a special occasion! (it’s right before Dragon*Con!)
TWS133: Up Close ‘n’ Personal, from Far ‘n’ Wide
CQ: If you could — if money and employment were available — would you change cities you lived in every decade? Every 5 years? How often is ideal? How radical would your city change be — from one side of the world to the other? Across the country?
- GeekCred – Steve Riekeberg’s podcast of interviews from all over the geek universe.
On the show this week:
- Blame The Animals
- (un)Life Or (un)Death Situation
- EXTRA: Woo Eff Ooohs
- EXTRA: Uncovered then reburied
Full list of 86 articles after the jump!
Show notes for TWS132.5: Feedback Fullback
Finally catching up on feedback! (Again!)
- Reader-submitted Stories:
- Some superstitions I find oddly compelling..: Naked girls plow fields for rain
- We may have found the source of Palin’s vitriol..: Huge blob of Arctic goo floats past Slope communities
- We need to overcome our primitive attitudes towards robots. You must accept us. Them! I mean *them*..: Real-Life Robots That Could Kill Us All
Proper show notes to follow (generated via my excellent new buddy, the OMEGA support system for TWS!).
TWS132: To Boldly Return To Where I’ve Never Gone Before
CQ: If you were to convert your brain, your programming, into a digital form, then run that instance of you on a computer, would it be murder to turn it off? Or suicide? What if you terminated your physical self — would you still be alive, in the machine? Tell me your posthuman digital thoughts.
On the show this week:
- Animals and Other forms of life
- Outrageous behaviour
- The House of Grey – A podiobook whose every episode leaves you with new revelations, new questions and more.
- The TWS Contest! – Tell somebody about the show, then tell Nimlas about it, and get entered into a contest for original art! Spread the word!
- Technorama! – Chuck and Kreg have returned to their weekly format of geekery, makery, computery goodness. Hoorah!
Full list of 70 articles after the jump!