These are some of the kinds of questions my mind suggests to me when I get a chance to interview people who are in a considerably more rarified air than I am, who work and live within the world of entertainment in a way I cannot fully imagine.
This is the second episode of interviews I conducted at Hal-Con 2015 in Halifax, NS. In this episode:
- I talked to Gavin Buhr about becoming a stunt man — and how he broke the news to his mother;
- I talked to Emily Perkins about what playing a werewolf’s sister was a conscious reflection of being, and deciding to step out of the limelight;
- I talked to Lenore Zann about the crossover between her work as a politician and as an actress;
- I talked to Jeff Russell about the otherworldly creatures portrayed in his Cthulhic bestiary.
- Tricks of Light
- The Oil and Grass Industry
CQ: How do we inspire culture to make recycling of EVERYTHING the highest priority, so that we don’t kill ourselves with our garbage?
Full list of articles after the jump!
- Perceptive Problems
- Knowledge Lost & Found
- To Nobel or To Ig Nobel
CQ: If we mine asteroids and other planets for their resources and bring them back to Earth, will we *overstock* the Earth with things?
Full list of 12 articles after the jump!
- Rent For Space
- We’re All In Your Mind
- Self-Doubting Cars
- Insightation Needed
- Noisy Space
CQ: Will the current wave of political and cultural awareness about privilege, power and equity make it less likely that we will create robots as subservient entities, or more likely to avoid attempting to give them free will?
Full list of 18 articles after the jump!
- The Eye More Than Meats
- A Little More Than Flesh, A Little Less Than Metal
- You Think It’s An Illusion
CQ: Which is better: to intensely get to know the area you are in, or to travel widely but never stay in one place very long?
Full list of 19 articles after the jump!