It is time once again that we honour two of the founding fathers of CAFFEEN!, the ambitious creator of ambient music (Brian Eno), and the artist who introduced me to a whole different kind of music (Mike Oldfield). The legacy and influence of these two musicians is vast, and for giving me a chance to hear them both, I thank my mentor and lifelong friend, Ron.
Intermixed with a selection of Eno and Oldfield are other artists who I feel remind me of their works. And this episode diverges from the norm — if a norm can exist for this show — by also be slightly worded.
- 2/1 by Brian Eno from the album Ambient 1: Music for Airports.
- Silence by John Sobocan from the album Features Of Spheres.
- Riverside by Brian Eno from the album The Shutov Assembly.
- In the Care of Knowing by Time Being from the album A Dimension Reflected.
- The Inner Child by Mike Oldfield from the album Tubular Bells III.
- show by mind of a squid from the album wish.
- The Work of Art in the Age of Cultural Overproduction by Tim Hecker from the album Haunt Me.
- The Bell by Mike Oldfield from the album Tubular Bells II.
- Out Of Mind by Mike Oldfield from the album Guitars.
- Mirage by Mike Oldfield from the album QE2.