Take the song list today. A larger list was assembled, more-or-less chosen at random. Then, from that I carved this sequence, but on the criteria of sound alone.
And then, I needed a title for this episode, and turned to the titles of songs for my answer. It came, clearly and swiftly: this is a journey of a champion, created out of the imbalance of a fantasy world, encountering a fearsome foe. Then, seeking money and fame, finds a peaceful way, and seeks out ancient wisdom.
Or at least, that’s what I got out of it. Consider it a story prompt. What’s your story?
- Proportions in Motion by Christopher Bissonette from the album Periphery.
- Edict by Erik D. Anderson from the album Der Golem.
- emergence by Arc from the album Feral.
- Firefight Lake by The Lazy MK’s from the album Where We Bin.
- The Nasty by Amon Tobin from the album Bricolage.
- Total Recovery by Chicago Underground Quartet from the album Chicago Underground Quartet.
- Silver by Juno Reactor from the album Beyond The Infinite.
- Dueling Bongos by Incredible Bongo Band from the album Bongo Rock.
- Silk Rd by Grails from the album Burning Off Impurities.
- Monoliths by Maserati from the album Passages.
Beautiful. Wordless. Music.
An hour of music designed to take you from the minimal consciousness of pre-wake all the way to the first jolt of your morning java.
The WEIRD Show
Weird news, strange ideas and odd views.
The WEIRD Show is my weekly roundup of those things usually treated as marginalia, curious little stories that most just read, laugh at, and dispose of, or disturbing things that reveal just a little bit of what this universe might hold. It's produced each week for CHSR-FM 97.9 in Fredericton airing at 9am on Saturday mornings, or afterward as a podcast on theweirdshow.com.
Wandering Out Loud
It is not necessary to have any destination in mind, in order to wander into interesting places.
Wandering Out Loud is an occasional wander both through physical and mental space. I muse about the world from my own particularly odd point of view, seeking to both illuminate and understand. It's done for myself, but you are welcome to join me and wander alongside.
Does anyone understand podcasting yet?
Podcasting fascinates me, as a new genre, a new medium, a new social media and a new way of communicating.
Occasionally, these fascinations turn into a podcast or blog post at one of my other blogs, Understanding Podcasting.
Tagsacting audioboo Audio Drama beard beards book book review chess China Mieville christmas comic books digital life dreams fantasy france future gaming Geek humour identity integrating life life memory mind movember movies music new media octobeard parsec awards patterns phd rant reading research science fiction spider solitaire steampunk tainted roses thought visualization voice Weird wonder writing